|Capital||none (Horde Mode)|
|Emerges in||395 AD|
|Appears in||Total War: Attila|
The Visigoths are a playable faction in Total War: Attila.
The reluctant arbiters of barbarian vengeance, the Visigoths have sworn to repay the Romans in full for decades of abuse at their hands.
Initially seeking nothing but refuge, the ravages of the Huns forced them to petition the Roman Emperor Valens for sanctuary. He accepted, seeing the Visigoths potential as mercenaries and, more importantly, as a buffer against the coming Hunnic storm. However, local generals brutally extorted the refugees, driving them to open rebellion. Whilst attempting to deal with the Visigoths at Adrianople the impetuous Valens was slain on the battlefield. A period of peace followed until the Visigoths, under Alaric, fought against the Franks in support of the Emperor Theodosius I.
Although the Visigoths played a vital part in Rome’s victory, they were denied their reward. Therefore Alaric, now king, has embarked on a punitive expedition throughout Greece, and, flushed with success, has set his sights on the ultimate prize, the city of Rome itself...
The Great Migration
- The wise move. The desperate move often. The mighty survive and prosper.
- +250% conversion cost of the main building chain
- +200% conversion time of the main building chain
- Growth: +250 when initiating a migration or resettling
- The Visigoths were originally settled agriculturalists in Dacia. Now, uprooted by nomadic invaders from the steppes, they have revealed a great aptitude for war.
- Food: +10 when migrating through Roman territory
- Income: +500 from the formation of tributary states
The symbol of the Visigoths is based on a decorative fibula of Visigothic origin, this is anachronistic as the real fibulae are dated to 6th century AD.