Hi, welcome to Total War Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the User:Andreioplst page.
If you need help, and there are no local admins here, you may want to visit the forums on the Community Central Wiki. You can also check our Staff blog to keep up-to-date with the latest news and events around Wikia.
Siege Weapons Edit
I suppose that sounds plausible. Siege weapons will have to be given an end title, though, for each game they are featured in. --Byzantine Latinkon 06:07, February 7, 2011 (UTC)
Are we to make individual units for each respective faction? I've seen you've made pages for French units. Do we really need a page for just the French version of the units, aren't the statistics for the units all the same anyway? Fidei Defensor 17:12, February 22, 2011 (UTC)
I would like your input.
Well that doesn't even follow normal naming conventions (it's supposed to be "Medieval II: Total War: Kingdoms", not "Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms".) YuriKaslov 14:39, March 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Well you go ahead and do that... I'm going to create a navbox for TW games. YuriKaslov 14:54, March 6, 2011 (UTC)
Faction Category Edit
Sorry, but I've tried, and even for an administrator there is no way to rename the category without changing all of the articles. (At least in Monobook)
What's wrong with the name of the category? --Byzantine Latinkon 15:05, March 6, 2011 (UTC)
I've made a template for creating new M2TWK unit articles, which you can do via my sandbox's create box. I've also made a infobox for units in general, as well as a template to let users know a section needs expansion. See my Saethwyr article for an example of the create article template, and let me know what you think! YuriKaslov 20:34, March 7, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks you for your work on the Trebia page. Much appreciated.
Fidei Defensor 19:44, March 17, 2011 (UTC)
- The images you added for the Battle of Tribbia 15 or so minutes ago.
The time will come
when, with elation
you will greeted by folks asking for you
and each will smile at the other's welcome,
be ready, for copywrite is worth goldz.
They'll start getting pissed then attack with lawsuit threats. Come up with a alibi now. We'll add a copywrite policy when the site gets bigger.
Fidei Defensor The cat knows I am a genius, and has hidden itself. 18:13, April 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Ha ha, I didn't mean it like that.
- But seriously copywrite is quite the issue here at wikia. Fidei Defensor The cat knows I am a genius, and has hidden itself. 20:02, April 4, 2011 (UTC)
Unit Homonyms Edit
The same as when a unit in one game has the same name as a unit in another game: I say, make two pages.
Sure, sure go ahead. I can add my Empire: Total War quote list too.
Thank you for informing me about the vandalism and undoing it. As requested, the page is now protected. --Byzantine Latinkon 00:35, June 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Looks like we only have ones for Shogun 2, Rome and Medieval.
- I'll make one, give me a few minutes.
- ☩ - Fidei Defensor - ☩ 15:43, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Made one on the 4th but my PC crashed before I could tell you.
Not really an intrusion since it is public but thank you never the less.
Empire Total War Units Edit
If you make any more please use these categories.
- Empire Total War Melee Infantry
- Empire Total War Line Infantry
- Empire Total War Calvary
- Empire Total War Dragoons
- Empire Total War Colonial Units
- Empire Total War Artillery
- Faction Exclusive Units
- Of course. In the game they're called Irregulars. Now that I think of it, the game is very specific, there are others too.
- ☩ - Fidei Defensor - ☩ 19:22, July 21, 2011 (UTC)
- Okay, these are the others.
- Light Calvary
- Medium Calvary (Ingame as: Calvary)
- Heavy Calvary
- Elite Infantry
- Horse Artillery
Shots are what honga translate as ammo. Ammo is the form of projectile, many units have multiple forms of fire.
I will remove hitpoints and melee attack though. Thank You.
126.96.36.199 22:21, July 22, 2011 (UTC)
Does an account on Total War Wiki cost money? Does an account on any wiki cost money? 188.8.131.52 22:42, November 22, 2011 (UTC)
Recent blankings Edit
Thank you for undoing the destructive mess caused by the IP who created the deleted United States article. If they truly wanted to be a valued contributor, they should have contacted me much earlier and appealed reasonably for its restoration; I would've been willing to listen. Now of course, a three day block should be long enough for one to come back to their senses. The next time "destroying the wiki" is attempted, it will be extended to an indefinite one. --Byzantine Latinkon 21:02, January 19, 2012 (UTC)
- A tutorial article can be created, and merged with the one which states existing policies on the wiki. We can add a link on the main page. Perhaps set the format for how each respective category of articles is supposed to look?--Byzantine Latinkon 00:41, January 21, 2012 (UTC)
I suggest we make the formats slightly more general to maintain some proper standards without imposing it on every article. Many Rome: Total War faction pages, for example, do not have infoboxes. Here is what I am currently considering:
- 1. All articles must have links, a category, and some relevant content.
- 2. Faction Articles must have basic facts presented either in an infobox or in infobox-esque form. A map or review of units is preferred, but not compulsory. Victory conditions and some additional notes should be presented.
- 3. Unit Articles must have basic statistics presented either in an infobox or in infobox-esque form. They must also have the description as presented in-game.
- 4. Characters should have their own infobox, appropriate in-game data, and additional historical facts. I presume this is something we should be creating. RL character pages we should work on in the future include Valentinus (From RTW: Barbarian Invasion), El Cid (From MTW II), William of Normandy (From MTW II), Richard I (From MTW II: Kingdoms), Philip II (From MTW II: Kingdoms), and the familiar Spanish explorers from MTW: Kingdoms.
- 5. Provinces should, aside from obviously clarifying which faction controls each one at the beginning of a campaign, should contain facts about relevant historical information, natural resources, the regional capital, and starting garrisons. It should also provide a list of mercenary units normally recruited in the area.
Thanks, --Byzantine Latinkon 00:09, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Ah, the fall of Constantinople in 1453. The last vestiges of Byzantium resisted until 1461, but by then total Ottoman victory was inevitable. Conquests of Morea and Trebizond were but aftershocks. --Byzantine Latinkon 14:39, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
I am pleased with the current tutorial page. It seems satisfactory and I can't see any more necessary revisions which need to be added. --Byzantine Latinkon 13:45, February 12, 2012 (UTC)
You guys sure know a lot about soldiers.Say are you guys commanders?XD
Mass was here
Deleted article Edit
I attempted thrice to read entirely through it and simply couldn't - category, infobox, image were all there but at times there are other content factors which count. -Byzantine Latinkon 23:56, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
I am messaging in reply to your own response to my suggesting of merging units. I bow to the policies, but could you elaborate on why having a page for each unit is policy, and its advantages? Just wanted to clear the issue with myself
Are you an administrator/how dead is this wiki? Edit
See title. If you are an admin, I am standardizing and revising the Empire: Total War units pages, as they are in dire need of it. If you disapprove, please do not delete my work before consulting me.Brainwasher5 (talk) 16:04, March 28, 2013 (UTC)
- Byzantine is our only Admin and, as I'm sure you have learned, doesn't like devolving autonomy. To quote Yuri, "this wiki is as backwards as the Soviet Union in 1939", it has always been his way or the highway. -- ☩ - Fidei Defensor - ☩ 02:56, May 12, 2013 (UTC)
- See this attempt of forming a rule by consensus: Referendum 1
- Had I reached this wiki and adopted it before your dictator came along, this wiki might have stood a chance of becoming relevant. Well, at least there wasn't much here that was worth saving to begin with, so not too much time is lost. Brainwasher5 (talk) 17:47, May 16, 2013 (UTC)
hi I have a question,should we make a individual page for each technology in Empire Total war?.It would take some time but it will really spruce up the wiki's image and will help players know what technolagies to reasearch firs for every faction.and we could make a stat card for the research time.just asking 39clues1 (talk) 03:38, June 16, 2013 (UTC)39clues1