- This article is a stub. You can help the Total War wiki by editing it.
Alexander is the second expansion for Rome: Total War that was released on June 19, 2006. It included a campaign, 7 historical battles, and new multiplayer options. The main task of the game is to accomplish what Alexander the Great did, in a similar time period.The goal in the game is to conquer 30 provices in a 100 turns.
The factions in Rome Total War: Alexander are:
- Scythia: The Scythians control the Scythia plains . The Scythians are not a major threat to Macedonia . Their units are mostly just horsemen.
- Dahae: They are next to Persia on the campaign map, and will be a problem when you beat Persia . Watch out for their powerful Swordsmen.
- Illyria: the Illyrians control the western half of the Balkans . Their army is consist mostly axemen. They could turn into a major threat if not defeated early in-game.
- Macedon: The only playable faction. You will have some of the best cavalry but also powerful hoplites. If Alexander dies, then it's gameover.
- Persia: The Persians begin the game with the largest amount of land. Fortunately for the Player, most of their armies are poorly equipped. Unfortunately for the Player, they can also train elite troops such as Immortals.
- India: India does not appear in campaign mode, but is playable in Custom Matches. They have mostly weak spearmen, and poor archers. Their only redeeming feature is their ability to use Elephants on the battlefield.
There are 6 Historical Battles: the Battle of Chaeronea, the Battle of Granicus, the Siege of Halicarnasssus, the Battle of Issus, the Battle of Gaugamela, and the Battle of Hydeapes. You must win each battle in order, to unlock the next battle.
|The Total War series|
|Shogun (Mongol Invasion) • Medieval (Viking Invasion) • Rome (Barbarian Invasion • Alexander) • Spartan • Medieval II (Kingdoms) • Empire • Napoleon • Total War: Shogun 2 • Total War: Rome II • Total War: Attila • Total War: Warhammer • Total War: Arena|