Basics at startEdit
- Protectorates – None
- Allies – Spain, Austria
- Trade Partners – Austria
- Enemies – Barbary States, Pirates
- Religion – Catholic
- Government – Absolute Monarchy
- Ruler – Maximilian II (King)
- Population – 1,070,360
- Prosperity – Destitute
- Prestige – Feeble
- Treasury – 7500
- Technology - None
- Missionaries – None
- Rakes – Jurgen Schmitt (Bavaria)
- Gentlemen – Johann Pachelbel (Munich)
- Starting Buildings – Army Encampment, Cannon Foundry, Governor’s Palace, Conservatorium
- Infrastructure - Basic Roads
- Population – 1,070,360
- Wealth – 2600
- Religion – Catholicism 95.0%, Protestantism 5.0%
- Starting Towns/Ports – Franconia Mines (Iron Mine), Nurnberg (Craft Workshops Smiths), Coburg (School)
- Later Villages/Ports – Augsburg (Village)
Although it is militarily quite weak at the beginning of the Grand Campaign, Bavaria is well insulated from invasion initially due to friendly factions surrounding it and its handy alliances with Spain and especially Austria. As the game progresses, Bavaria can become quite powerful, as it has a rich territory, a major city from which it can train advanced units, and a school.
Although only Prussia requires Bavaria as part of its winning conditions for its territory-based campaigns, Bavaria's riches and its potential threat level makes it a worthy target for any nearby faction.
Bavaria boasts the generic European unit roster. As it starts with a major city and controls a rich region, Bavaria can access the full roster relatively early. In addition, it has access to Prussian Jaegers if it ever takes the regions of Brandenburg or East Prussia; in exchange, however, it cannot train Riflemen.
- The flag used by Bavaria is based on a variant of flag of the Duchy of Bavaria reported to have been used on a galley in 1700. A more historically appropriate flag would be the Electoral Standard of Bavaria (1623-1806).
|Empire: Total War Factions|
|Major Factions||Austria • France • Great Britain • Maratha Confederacy • Mughal Empire • Ottoman Empire • Poland-Lithuania • Prussia • Russia • Spain • Sweden • United Provinces • United States|
|Minor Factions||Afghanistan • Barbary States • Bavaria • Cherokee Nations • Courland • Crimean Khanate • Dagestan • Denmark • Genoa • Georgia • Gran Colombia • Greece • Hannover • Hessen • Hungary • Huron Confederacy • Inuit Nations • Ireland • Iroquois Confederacy • Italian States • Knights of St. John • Louisiana • Mamelukes • Mexico • Morocco • Mysore • Naples & Sicily • New Spain • Norway • Persia • Pirates • Plains Nations • Portugal • Pueblo Nations • Punjab • Quebec • Savoy • Saxony • Scotland • Thirteen Colonies • Venice • Westphalia • Württemberg|
|Other Factions||Powhatan Confederacy • Virginia Colonists|
|Unused Factions||Khanate of Khiva • Tuscany • Mecklenburg • Schleswig-Holstein • Swiss Confederation|