FANDOM


Assassin or in Islamic version Hashashin is one of the agents of Medieval II: Total War, recruited in Inns (or its next level buildings) or in Islamic version Shisha Den (or its next level buildings). A few nations can recruit assassin in Castles, where Academy is constructed.

IntroductionEdit

Assassins's main purpose is to kill other nation's characters. Assassins can be used to sabotage buildings in other nation settlements. The higher the assassins' subterfuge skill, the higher the chance their missions will succeed.

Assassin AncillariesEdit

Name Building required Chance % Additional conditions Effect Exclude Action
Black Stallion Racing Track OR Stables 100 +25% Movement Points Agent Created
Explosives 50 Turn is higher then 85 +1 Sabotage Mission Succeeded
Prototype Handgun Gunsmith 33 +1 Assassination AND +2 Law Agent Created
Skilled Accomplice Assassins Guild 20 +1 AgentSkill Ended In Settlement
Courtesan Coaching House 20 +1 AgentSkill Catamite Agent Created
Poisoner Master Alchemists Guild 20 +2 AgentSkill NOT Northern European Culture countries Agent Created
Young Apprentice 10 Distance to capital is less then 20 +1 Assassination Catamite Mission Succeeded
Skilled Courtesan Coaching House 10 +2 AgentSkill Agent Created
Exquisite Blade 5 Distance to capitalis more then 55 +1 Assassination Mission Succeeded
Tracking Dog 4 In your own lands. +2 AgentSkill AND +1 LineOfSight AND +1 PersonalSecurity Mission Succeeded
Catamite 3 +1 AgentSkill Young Apprentice Mission Succeeded

Black Stallion and Young Apprentice are both transferable. If the assassin gets too old, transfer to younger assassin.

Assassins traits and gaining subterfugeEdit

Assassin traits good

Max level

Level and effect

How to get
AssassinsGuildTrained 1 +1 AgentSkill An assassin gains a level of AssassinsGuildTrained if the city in which he is created has an Assassins Guild or better.
Assassins(Hashashins) GuildMember 2 +1/+2 AgentSkill An assassin gains first level of AssassinsGuildMember on creation if the faction has a Master Assassin's Guild or better, and second level if the faction has a Grandmaster Assassin's Guild.
GoodSaboteur 3 +1(1)/+2(4)/+3(8) Sabotage An assassin gains a point in GoodSaboteur when they succeed on a sabotagemission.
GoodAssassin 5 +1(1)/+2(2)/+3(4)/+4(8)/+5(16) AgentSkill An assassin gains a point in GoodAssassin when they succeed on an assassination mission. Antitrait BadAssassin.
NaturalAssassinSkill 3 +1/+2/+3 AgentSkill An assassin gains first level of NaturalAssassinSkill on creation. He has chance to gain second level with 33% probability, and if he gains second level, he may gain third level with 33% probability. This makes the probabilities 1(67%), 2(22%), 3(11%).
GoodConspirator 3 +1(2)/+2(4)/+3(8) AgentSkill An assassin gains a point in GoodConspirator with 20% probability when they succeed on a sabotage mission. Antitrait BadConspirator.

Assassin traits bad

Max level

Level and Effect

How to get

BadAssassin 3 -1(2)/-2(4)/-3(6)  AgentSkill An assassin gains a point in BadAssassin with 50% probability when they fail an assassination mission. Antitrait GoodAssasin
BadSaboteur 2 -1(1)/-2(4) Sabotage An assassin gains a point in BadSaboteur with 50% probability when they fail a sabotage mission.
BadConspirator 3 -1(2)/-2(4)/-3(8) AgentSkill An assassin gains a point in BadConspirator with 33% probability when they fail a sabotage mission. Antitrait GoodConspirator.

Assassins don't gain more than 10 Subterfuge skill. The best way is to raise Agent Skill traits, because it gives bonuses to both Assassination and Sabotage subterfuge simultaneously. Some traits in tables have numbers in brackets: this denotes how many points one needs to raise skill (for example, to get Good Assassin to the third level, he needs 4 successful kills in row without fail). Antitraits mean that they can replace one trait with another. Example would be if Assassin successfully kill one character and gain first level of GoodAssassin, but then fail assassination three times in row and GoodAssassin is removed and Assissin now gain first level of BadAssassin.

Strategy and tipsEdit

Early game recruit where ever, if possible in minor city with Assassins Guild(to get AssassinsGuildTrained). If playing Islamic nation then in minor city with Racing Track(for 100% ancillary Black Stallion). Late game in large city with Coaching House(for chance to get Courtesan or Skilled Courtesan) and Assassins Guild. In very late game in city with Gunsmith(for Prototype Handgun).

To get to the third level of GoodAssassin Assassin must complete only four successful assassinations. Kill as much characters as possible because to maximize GoodAssassin and possibly gain some ancillaries(see mission success type). I would suggest murdering characters first in close to capital(for Young Apprentice), then far away(for Exquisite Blade). There is no difference between murdering Agents, Generals or captains, so to maximize skills i suggest killing captains, as they have low personal security.

If Assassin maximized GoodAssassin and still wont make to 10 Subterfuge, i suggest do some sabotage missions and raise GoodConspirator trait.

In late game when you have Assassin Guild HQ, you will gain at very least 4 Subterfuge, if Assassin is recruited in city with Assassins Guild(you don't need to recruit in city with Assassin Guild HQ, any Assassins Guild will do). 1 Subterfuge from AssassinsGuildTrained, 2 Subterfuge from Assassins(Hashashins) GuildMember and at very least 1(or more) Subterfuge NaturalAssassinSkill.

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.